ABOUT OTAN TRAINING: Workshop Descriptions
|Workshop title||Beginning PowerPoint 2003 for Adult Education|
|Workshop description||In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn techniques they can use while creating PowerPoint presentations for their classroom or the marketing of their school site. They will learn about: creating and running basic presentations; adding and working with clipart; using design templates; formatting text; and simple animations.
Prerequisites: Participants must be familiar with computer basics. The lab to be used must have PowerPoint 2003 installed on all machines.
|Session length||3 hours|
|Format||Workshops: Training events at a physical location, of short duration (2 – 6 hours) but may be part of a series.|
No new sessions are scheduled at this time. Please contact us to schedule one!
To find out more about any of these workshops, including dates and times offered, please check the California Adult Education Professional Development Web site. This site has information on OTAN offered training, as well as training offered by CALPRO and CASAS.
Face-to-Face Workshop Requirements:
- The lab must contain at least one computer for every individual enrolled in a class - including the instructor.
- The Internet connection must be at least a T1 line.
- All computers being used must have Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator 7.0 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later.
- OTAN’s Web site and its contents must be accessible on every computer used during a class.
- The instructor’s computer station should be connected to an LCD projector and the room will need a screen for class viewing. (If a projector and/or instructor station is not available, OTAN can provide one).
- At least 10 participants must have completed the online registration 14 days prior to the workshop.
- All Microsoft Office workshops require the correct version of Office to be installed on all computers in the lab to be used.
- Various workshops will require unblocked access to necessary Web sites.