National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week, Sept. 10-16, 2012
Posted on 09/07/2012
Adult Education & Family Literacy Week will be celebrated September 10-16, 2012. To help educators prepare, the National Coalition for Literacy (NCL (www)) has developed a wide range of activities, resources, ideas and materials available at AEFL Week (www). Learn from other programs' experiences in hosting these and other awareness-raising activities.
Resources available online include:
- Case studies of adult education and family literacy programs that have successfully raised public awareness,
- Tips for engaging lawmakers,
- Ways to work with media effectively,
- Free planning workbook, communication plans and publicity materials.
- A Blog at Gearing Up for National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week (www).
- E-mail Updates (www), NCL Twitter (www) feeds, and NCL Facebook (www) updates.
- Spotlight on Achievement: (www) Nominate one adult learner or recent graduate from your program whose achievements you would like to recognize locally and nationally during AEFL Week.
The goal of AEFL Week (www) is to work side-by-side in every state, territory, and district, to heighten public awareness, strengthen alliances, leverage resources, and increase the number of people who understand the vital role adult education and family literacy plays in our nation's well-being.