New Online Platform for LINCS Discussion Lists Announced
Posted on 08/24/2012
Get ready for a few changes to the current LINCS (www) discussion lists, coming in September 2012!
The LINCS Discussion Lists will transition to a new online technology platform called the LINCS Community. During the transition, both the current LINCS Discussion Lists and the new LINCS Community will be available for use. At an announced date, the original discussion lists will be discontinued, and all future communication will take place within the new LINCS Community.
The LINCS Community will be a "community of practice," and will be made up of groups based on the current discussion lists and other topics in the LINCS Resource Collection (www). The Professional Development List will become the "Evidence-based Professional Development Group." This group will focus on issues related to designing, implementing, and evaluating staff development. The purpose of this new group is the same as this discussion list - only the name has changed.
The new "community of practice" will be integrated into other LINCS resources, including a newly reorganized LINCS Resource Collection as well as more on-demand, web-based professional development opportunities, designed to advance the profession by expanding evidence-based practice in adult education.
The new LINCS Community will:
- Create and support a wide-reaching network of peers and leaders in the field
- Incorporate high-quality resources from the LINCS Resource Collection
- Be supported by a community manager, group leaders, and subject matter expert facilitators
- Support accessible, up-to-date professional development opportunities, including on-demand and free online courses and trainings
- Provide one-stop access to additional adult education and workforce initiatives
- Offer user-friendly options, including having access to entire discussion threads and replies with a quick click on a link
Members will continue to receive e-mail notices and posts, as in the past, will be able to create a single profile with one account that can be linked to multiple groups.
Keep your eyes open for more information, including messages about the LINCS Community features, leadership structure, and registration instructions.
The Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS (www)) is a national dissemination, resource gathering, and professional development system providing information on a wide variety of literacy relevant topics, issues, and resources.